Rice Krispie treats are always a hit at any part, right?
What if we cut them into shapes that go with the season?
These gingerbread men rice krispie treats are sure to disappear wherever you take them.
Gingerbread Men Rice Krispie Treats
Gingerbread Men Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
- 3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 5 oz mini marshmallows (1/2 of a 10 oz package)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 12 oz package of Wilton Gingerbread candy melts (similar to these as a reference point)
- Holiday sprinkles
- Gingerbread man cookie cutters
- Small sandwich baggy & Kitchen scissors
- OR piping bag
Gingerbread Men Rice Krispie Treats Instructions:
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with wax paper or foil (if using foil for easy clean up, make sure to spray with non stick cooking spray)
- Add the butter and mini marshmallows to a medium size saucepan.
- Heat on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows begin to melt, add in the cinnamon, molasses and ginger and continue to stir until combined.
- Add in the Rice Krispies and fold them into the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press down using the back of the spoon.
- Place the Rice Krispies in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Remove from the fridge and use the gingerbread cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispie Treats. Place the treats on the lined baking sheet.
- Pour the gingerbread candy melts into a microwave safe dish and heat in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Scoop the melted gingerbread chocolate into the small sandwich baggy and snip one corner using the kitchen scissors. (Or use piping bag.)
- Gently squeeze the gingerbread chocolate from the baggy and onto the gingerbread men in a back and forth diagonal motion.
- Repeat with all gingerbread men.
*Makes 4 large Gingerbread men or 3 large Gingerbread men and 8 small